Thursday 29 September 2016

Animated Gif - technique

To create my animated Gif, first of all, I took a series of images that documented somebody climbing up a scramble net. I kept my camera in one place, mounting it on a tripod to avoid camera shake. I shot my photos on 1/125 to make sure there was no motion blur and an aperture of f8 to achieve a wide depth of field.
I used photoshop to make my animated gif, though you can use premier pro. Firstly, you open up all your images in photoshop, using the first image in the series as a base and adding the other images in order on top as layers. You then go to window > show video timeline, then create a frame animation timeline at the bottom of the page. All of your images should now be visible on the timeline. You can drag them out so that they are in order, then drag the edges of each photo to change how long you want it to display for, until you have a compilation of images that play in order to create a video. You then click on where it says once, underneath the timeline, and select forever, meaning your animation will loop. To save your gif, you must go to export under file and select "save for web", selecting "GIF 128 dithered as your export setting. You can now save your finished .gif file.

No comments:

Post a Comment