Sunday 30 October 2016

Personal Project - Shoot Two - Work Diary

For my second shoot, I wanted to create another stop motion animation for use in my final project. I stuck with the method of keeping the camera stationary while i move around my environment, however, I decided I wanted a slightly different rural environment, therefore I decided to shoot while passing through the seaside town of Dartmouth on a boat.
 The images that make up this stop motion animation were shot using an aperture of f8 and a shutter speed of 1/125. I shot at a faster shutter speed and a higher f stop than in the previous shoot, which is clear from the animation, as there is less motion blur and a wider depth of field.

I created this stop motion animation using premier pro CC.
To create it, I first put the series of images into the media bin, meaning I can then work with them. Once I had done this, I then dragged them onto the timeline. However, this plays them for five seconds by default, and I wanted them to play for just one frame. To change this, I simply selected them all as one on the timeline, right clicked and went into "speed/duration". Once in this menu, I simply clicked and dragged on the duration until it was the smallest duration possible, which is one frame. Your animation should be complete; I rendered mine in 24fps as a 1080i .mov file.

The animation features a wide range of colours throughout. There are some saturated shades of green shown in the grassy hills in the background of many of the images; this could represent the natural growth of a rural environment. However, there are some very muted shades of blue and green shown in the water the boat is in, which can represent the loneliness of living in a rural environment with few people around. The images have a wide depth of field as they were shot using an aperture of f8, which I felt was effective because there is a lot happening in each frame of animation, with there being something to look at in the foreground, midground and background, and use of a narrow depth of field would mean some of this is not clear to see. Because it was shot on a boat, there is a range of textures shown, specifically on the water. The images towards the beginning of the animation have some smooth textures on the water in the distance. This contrasts to the later images, which displayu some rough tones through the wake the boat is making in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment