Saturday 29 October 2016

Personal Project - Shoot One - Work Diary

For my first shoot, I wanted to create a stop motion animation which will be used in my final project creating a short film consisting of stop motion animations of documentary images of both urbanized environments and rural environments. I chose to move myself in shooting to create motion rather than having moving subjects and mount the camera on a tripod.


Here is my stop motion animation. I shot my images using an aperture of f 3.5 as this creates a narrow depth of field that I felt works well with the motion blur of the images. The images were shot using a shutter speed of 1/80.

I created this stop motion animation using premier pro CC.
To create it, I first put the series of images into the media bin, meaning I can then work with them. Once I had done this, I then dragged them onto the timeline. However, this plays them for five seconds by default, and I wanted them to play for just one frame. To change this, I simply selected them all as one on the timeline, right clicked and went into "speed/duration". Once in this menu, I simply clicked and dragged on the duration until it was the smallest duration possible, which is one frame. Your animation should be complete; I rendered mine in 24fps as a 1080i .mov file.

The photos that make up the image were mostly successful. The animation displays a wide range of tones, as the images where taken at around sunset. There are some lighter tones shown on the vast amounts of grass and greenery in the foreground and midground, as well as some darker tones shown in the stormy sky in the background. The image mainly consists of saturated greens, which can represent growth and harmony in a rural environment. However, there are some muted greens in the shadows of the image. The images mostly have used a narrow depth of field, focusing on the foreground and leaving the background out of focus. I feel this was effective as it adds to the blur effect created, which creates a sense of fast motion. Each image was frame similarly, creating a sense of depth; there is a foreground in the bottom of the frame, and the midground being above it and the background above that. This, I feel, makes the animation look more linear and smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment